Join Our Team
Langley Park Learning Trust are looking for up to 3 Trustees who can add significant enthusiasm, expertise and strategic value to our Trust Board, by bringing their knowledge and extensive experiences in either Legal, HR or School Improvement.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, innovative and dynamic and who will bring fresh thinking and new perspectives. To ensure the best possible education for our children and young people in our community, the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Providing strategic direction to the Trust; setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Agreeing key strategic principles and policies and, when required, procedures for agreeing ad-hoc, exceptional, matters which fall outside established policy provisions.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Ensuring the financial stability, effective and efficient administration of the Trust, reviewing and approving financial strategies and monitoring income and expenditure, to ensure the organisation is in good financial health.
- Managing risk (legal, security, reputational) and determining risk appetite.
- Monitoring the human resource and organisational development strategies.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
- Wants to ensure the Trust’s objectives and values are consistently upheld.
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the Trust.
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements.
- Has time and energy for the role.
- Is able to work well as part of a team.
- Opportunities to develop your own personal skills and experiences outside of your professional role.
- Access to an extensive training programme, as well as access to online training.
- A mentor to help support you in your new role.
- The chance to serve your community.
Closing date: Friday 18th December
For further information or to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Langley Park Learning Trust
The Langley Park Learning Trust brings together five exceptional schools in the borough of Bromley into one organisation. The Trust empowers each of our partner schools in
delivering a world class education for the young people in our community. We achieve this through a shared:
- focus on education, which raises achievement across all schools to the highest levels;
- approach to the business of school management which allows us to make best use of resources and to benefit from economies of scale;
- ethos within which the unique identity and character of each of our schools flourishes.
Langley Park Learning Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff and volunteers where applicable. We are an equal opportunities employer that recruits on merit and we welcome applications from all members of the community.
A career at Langley Park Learning Trust
Our aim is to be the employer of choice in the local area. We have a range of employee benefits for both our teaching and associate staff including:
- Personalised opportunities for continuing professional development, including leadership development
- Focus of wellbeing including an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- National Terms and Conditions (or better)
- Opportunities for collaboration within and beyond the trust
You can also visit the individual school websites for recruitment information:
Our commitment to CPD means a guaranteed entitlement to an additional 30-hours of self-directed professional learning. In exchange there is a 2-week October half term and an Autumn term that starts no earlier than 1 September.
Train to Teach
Please contact us if you are interested in graduate opportunities prior to commencing initial teacher training. We are particularly interested in hearing from Science and Language graduates.
The Trust has appointed LMP Education as its apprenticeship provider and there are a range of formal training opportunities. The main apprenticeship programmes are:
- Teaching Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Facility Services Assistant/Manager
- Sports Coach
- IT Technician
- Media & Communications
- Laboratory Technician
All vacancies are listed on the government's Find An Apprenticeship site.
Or email our partner training provider, LMP Education: email@example.com. Please attach a CV with your postcode and tell them which type of apprenticeship you would like to apply for.